June 5, 2010

Have You Missed Me?

   Have you missed me?  I haven't posted in a few days because we were out-of-town.  Truth is, we were taking a little family vacation and I did not bring my computer so I could spend time with my family.  We went to Thornville, Ohio.  It is a little town right on Buckeye Lake.  My MIL has a house right on the water with such a great view of the lake.  We go there almost every other weekend but only stay for a night.  This time we stayed Tuesday - Saturday.  It was great.

Photobucket

     We did a lot of fishing.  I love fishing! Seemed like we fished all day, every day.  We caught bullhead catfish, channel catfish, bluegils, and a few small mouth bass.  My husband and I both caught a 2ft long Channel Catfish. It was the biggest fish I had ever caught! Funny thing is some of them were caught with a baby on my hip!

















     We went to Dawes Arboretum. There was a Japanese garden, swamp, and more with over 15,000 living plants.  It also had "Dawes Arboretum" spelled out in bushes and you could take stairs to the top of a tower to view it. It was beautiful and truly amazing. I love nature and I want my kids to appreciate it as well.  We also went to Fairfield Beach and visited Buckeye Lake (forgot my camera for both.... UGH). We also went out to eat at this wonderful pizza shop called the Pizza Cottage.  It has the best pizza I've ever had!  Yum! We also did a little bit of shopping.  Thank goodness I bought my husband this shirt for $1.50 at Walmart because my son was on his shoulders and peed right down his neck at checkout (the wonderful years of potty training. Lol!). Plus we had to buy one of my boys shoes because we forgot his shoes at home. Crazy huh?

Photobucket



     Plus, tons of Family Time.  :)  I love family time!  My boys are so precious.  But now I'm back, refreshed, and ready to go.