September 20, 2010

Picture Diary: My Dad, Columbus Zoo, Park, and More!



A lot has been keeping me busy lately.  I never told you guys this but my father was released from prison about a month ago.  He was in for 5 years.  Since he has been out, I have been spending a lot of time with him.  If you find a day with few posts this may be why.  My dad is doing great.  He has really changed his life around.  I'm so proud of him. We have had him over for dinner, or just over to hang out for the day, we have taken him to Buckeye Lake with us to fish, and more.  Here is a picture of the two of us.






We have also gone to the Columbus Zoo. They opened a Polar Bear exhibit recently and I really wanted to take the boys to see it. We really enjoy the zoo so we also decided to purchased a family membership (you might see lots of zoo pictures for the next year). The polar bears were all over the place in the water so I wasn't able to get a great picture but I did get this picture of a Brown Bear napping on a log.









Last Saturday, my husband and I took the kids to this awesome park near downtown Columbus called Scioto Audubon.  It's a beautiful park sitting right on the bank of the Scioto River.  It has 7 wetland areas, fishing, hiking/biking trail, sand volleyball, 2 observation decks, Neos (interactive electronic game), an awesome playground and more. This place was truly beautiful and it was defiantly a place for the whole family to enjoy. I was able to get a picture of the boys (I had to bribe Kayden with the Neos game). 






PhotobucketPhotobucket




Other than that we have been at Buckeye Lake, went to a family reunion, a few parks, and more.  I love family time. :) Here is a great picture I was able to get of Downtown Columbus while I was at the park.  

Photobucket